Soon Heng Food Delights Lor Mee @ Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market & Food Centre

singapore,tanjong pagar plaza market & food centre,food review,blk 6 tanjong pagar plaza,顺兴美食,lor mee,soon heng food delights,

The one and only item that Soon Heng Food Delights sell is lor mee, a noodle dish of Hokkien origins.

The stall, located on the second floor of Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market & Food Centre used to serve two versions: batang lor mee and fried shark lor mee, with reference to the type of fish used.

I have not eaten their batang version before but I guess it is shredded fish meat whereas the shark meat version is fried shark meat nuggets.

Now, only the shark meat version is available on the menu.

While researching for recommendations at this food centre, I came across photos of this lor mee and I was impressed by the presentation and reviews therefore I decided to include this on my to-eat list.

singapore,tanjong pagar plaza market & food centre,food review,blk 6 tanjong pagar plaza,顺兴美食,lor mee,soon heng food delights,

I ordered the $3 bowl of lor bee hoon from the friendly auntie. Although there are no words exchanged between us (apart for my "auntie, 一碗卤米粉"), her body language put me at ease.

Most of the time, a grumpy faced hawker can really affect my mood so for once, it makes my day to be served with a genuine smile.

Not only that, I love how she arranges the ingredients nicely in the bowl; evidence of her taking pride in her work. It's little things like this that put a smile on my face.

Kudos to this auntie!

singapore,tanjong pagar plaza market & food centre,food review,blk 6 tanjong pagar plaza,顺兴美食,lor mee,soon heng food delights,

For the price, I must say this bowl of lor mee is really value for money.

Just look at the amount of ingredients which included three pieces of fried shark meat nuggets, ngor hiang (five spiced meat rolls), lor bak (braised pork belly), a fried wanton, half a braised hard-boiled egg and crispy bits of fried flour.

My favorite item had to be the ngor hiang which has a crunchy texture. I do like the others too, like the lor bak and fried wanton.

The shark meat nuggets which I left till the last to savor, had unfortunately lost its crunch due to being submerged in the gravy.

The gravy, or lor, is not too starchy nor too watery. Taste wise, it is not as robust as I would like it to be. In fact, it taste quite light to me.

Perhaps auntie wants us to eat healthier lah, so she went easy on the salt.

singapore,tanjong pagar plaza market & food centre,food review,blk 6 tanjong pagar plaza,顺兴美食,lor mee,soon heng food delights,

singapore,tanjong pagar plaza market & food centre,food review,blk 6 tanjong pagar plaza,顺兴美食,lor mee,soon heng food delights,


SOON HENG FOOD DELIGHTS 顺兴美食
Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market & Food Centre
Blk 6 Tanjong Pagar Plaza
#02-19
Singapore 081006

Business Hours
Thu - Tue: 6.30am - 3pm

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/ae75zHM3GwS2


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach