Beo Crescent No Name Hainanese Curry Rice @ Blk 40 Beo Crescent

singapore,beo crescent curry rice,beo crescent hainanese curry rice,tiong bahru,hainanese curry,food review,hainanese curry rice,hainanese pork chop,curry rice,blk 40 beo crescent,

This is my second time having Hainanese curry rice, the first being at Loo's seven years ago.

The stall in question today is a few minutes walk from Tiong Bahru MRT Station, located at an old, run down coffeeshop under Blk 40 Beo Crescent.

This unassuming stall selling Hainanese curry rice does not have a signboard, let alone a name! I suppose that is why people started calling it the "Beo Crescent no name Hainanese curry rice".

singapore,beo crescent curry rice,beo crescent hainanese curry rice,tiong bahru,hainanese curry,food review,hainanese curry rice,hainanese pork chop,curry rice,blk 40 beo crescent,

My interest in this Hainanese curry was aroused when it keeps appearing on my IG feed. That certainly got my attention so I decided to check it out.

To err on the right side, I ordered curry chicken, pork patty and pork chop as recommended by online reviews. I had wanted to order the chap chye (mixed vegetable stew) as well but was worried that I could not finish everything so I did not.

As per true Hainanese curry rice fashion, my plate of rice and ingredients were smothered under a generous amount of sauces, including those from the curry and dark, braising sauce. 

singapore,beo crescent curry rice,beo crescent hainanese curry rice,tiong bahru,hainanese curry,food review,hainanese curry rice,hainanese pork chop,curry rice,blk 40 beo crescent,

The pork patty has been beaten to such a fine consistency that the texture feels more like a smooth paste than minced meat. I do not mean it in a bad way though as some people might prefer it like this. 

singapore,beo crescent curry rice,beo crescent hainanese curry rice,tiong bahru,hainanese curry,food review,hainanese curry rice,hainanese pork chop,curry rice,blk 40 beo crescent,

As for the ever popular pork chop, it is like eating fried chicken skin where it is all skin with no meat. I suppose the pork chop has been hammered till flat and all stretched out during preparation. Perhaps, that is the secret for its crispness?

Indeed, it provides a welcoming crunch to complement the otherwise sogginess of the other ingredients but it does get a little jelat after a while.

singapore,beo crescent curry rice,beo crescent hainanese curry rice,tiong bahru,hainanese curry,food review,hainanese curry rice,hainanese pork chop,curry rice,blk 40 beo crescent,

The curry chicken is quite standard fare but it is what I enjoyed the most out of the other two ingredients I had chosen.

On the whole, this is a rather satisfying plate of curry rice. I do enjoy what I had although I wish that the curry could be spicier to have more kick.

singapore,beo crescent curry rice,beo crescent hainanese curry rice,tiong bahru,hainanese curry,food review,hainanese curry rice,hainanese pork chop,curry rice,blk 40 beo crescent,


BEO CRESCENT NO NAME HAINANESE CURRY RICE
Blk 40 Beo Crescent
Singapore 160040

Business Hours
Thu - Tue: 6.30am - 3pm

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/QjaPP9s93t42
GPS Coordinates: 1.2885654,103.8270631


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach