Boon Kee Wanton Mee @ Clementi Central

boon kee wanton mee,clementi central,food, food review,wanton mee,wanton noodles,boon kee wanton noodles,review

My last plate of Boon Kee Wanton Mee at Clementi Food Centre was four years ago. I actually stopped patronizing them because my last plate was a letdown.

Earlier this week, I accompanied Dad to the dentist nearby and while waiting for him, I ventured over to the food centre and decided to order myself a plate of Wanton Mee. I suppose it is about time to lift the ban to give them a chance to redeem themselves.

I requested for no char siew but they got my order wrong anyway.

boon kee wanton mee,clementi central,food, food review,wanton mee,wanton noodles,boon kee wanton noodles,review

The Wanton Mee comes with two boiled wantons and one fried wanton, some generic char siew and vegetables.

boon kee wanton mee,clementi central,food, food review,wanton mee,wanton noodles,boon kee wanton noodles,review

I still stand by my previous views about the char siew which is red, lean and dry. The fried wanton is tasty but is mostly skin with hardly any fillings.

If my observation is right, I think they wrapped the wantons in two ways. Those intended for deep frying are wrapped flat in a triangle shape with lesser minced pork while the boiled ones are wrapped the usual style with considerably more filling.

This is, of course, just guessing on my part.

boon kee wanton mee,clementi central,food, food review,wanton mee,wanton noodles,boon kee wanton noodles,review
The boiled wantons

The star of Wanton Mee is definitely the wantons.

My complaint about the boiled wanton four years ago is because it is just loose skin with hardly any minced pork in it. I believe during that time, they have mistakenly boiled the wantons which they had intended for deep frying instead.

This time, the entire wanton skin is wrapped around the meat so all is good.

The noodles are springy with a good bite. It did not turn soggy despite the photo-taking. As for the sauce, it is a tad sweet due to the ketchup but still delicious otherwise .

boon kee wanton mee,clementi central,food, food review,wanton mee,wanton noodles,boon kee wanton noodles,review
The menu

boon kee wanton mee,clementi central,food, food review,wanton mee,wanton noodles,boon kee wanton noodles,soya milk,grass jelly,review

Wash everything down with a refreshing cup of "Michael Jackson" from Heng Heng (#01-24).


BOON KEE WANTON NOODLES
Clementi 448 Market & Food Centre
Blk 448, Clementi Ave 3
#01-36
Singapore 120448

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sat: 6am - 5pm
Sun closed 

GPS Coordinates: 1.313218,103.7623173


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach