My First Nano Tank With "Observation Tower"

aquarium, c328, freshwater aquarium, freshwater tank, guppy, hobby, nano tank, personal, tropical aquarium, singapore

I have always been mesmerized by those beautiful nano tanks I see but the thought of setting one up is enough to deter me because I know nothing about aquatic plants and even much less about the installation of CO2 to keep them alive and flourished.

However, the urge to do one is getting increasingly stronger by the day. Since I have a 2 gallon nano tank lying around, I thought why not just give it a try? 

aquarium, c328, freshwater aquarium, freshwater tank, guppy, hobby, nano tank, personal, tropical aquarium, singapore

Since I already have the tank, gravel and even fish, all there is left to do was to purchase a couple of plants from the row of aquarium shops at C328. Basically, all I wanted was a no-frill and low maintenance tank therefore there is no fertilizer, CO2, CO2 reactor and other complicated stuff like that.  

I have put in six of my guppy fry in there and I have also added a tiny hang-on-back filter.

Currently, I am observing how they are coping in the new tank.

aquarium, c328, freshwater aquarium, freshwater tank, guppy, hobby, nano tank, personal, tropical aquarium, singapore
Top view of my setup with partial water

aquarium, c328, freshwater aquarium, freshwater tank, guppy, hobby, nano tank, personal, tropical aquarium, singapore
Setup complete

Are you wondering what is that bottle doing in the tank? I am using it as an "observation tower" so the fish could swim up higher and look beyond life outside of the tank.

Nah, just kidding. I saw the experiment of a inverted fish tank on youtube and thought that is quite interesting so I decided to try it out.

This is how I removed the air from the bottle

I sucked out the air from within the bottle using a airline tubing. As the air gets lesser, the suction would pull in the water from outside. You can notice the tank waterline going down while the bottle's waterline going up. You can top up the water in the tank after you are done. 

A reminder not to unscrew the bottle cap because once air goes in, the suction would not hold anymore. The water inside the bottle will exit and the tank will overflow.


Here is the guppy exploring the inverted tank

aquarium, c328, freshwater aquarium, freshwater tank, guppy, hobby, nano tank, personal, tropical aquarium, singapore

aquarium, c328, freshwater aquarium, freshwater tank, guppy, hobby, nano tank, personal, tropical aquarium, singapore
Does anyone know what that plant on the left is?

It is my first time seeing this plant and I find it very attractive looking with all the different colors.


Trying out the new never-heard-before-brand (Jeneca) hob filter



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach