Blanco Court Prawn Noodle @ 243 Beach Road

blanco court prawn mee,singapore,blanco court prawn noodle,prawn mee,白兰阁街大虾面,243 beach road,food review,prawn noodle,blanco court,

Prawn noodle has always been one of my favorite noodle dish but unfortunately, the one near my place tastes plain sweet of rock sugar which is a big turn off for me. Since I have not had a nice bowl of prawn noodle for a very long time now, I decided to google for one and go eat it.

I narrowed my selection to the Blanco Court Prawn Noodle which have a long history in Singapore. The main reason for choosing this was because the location is somewhere near my previous workplace. 

Ironically, while I was working in the area, not once did I venture beyond the Golden Landmark side as I always head to Tong Seng Coffeeshop at Liang Seah Street for lunch.

blanco court prawn mee,singapore,blanco court prawn noodle,prawn mee,白兰阁街大虾面,243 beach road,food review,prawn noodle,blanco court,

When it comes to prawn noodle, I would always prefer to have soup over the dry version and if pork ribs are available, I would opt to have all pork ribs instead of prawns. But since this is my first visit at this stall, I thought I would order the mix of pork rib and prawns so I could have a taste of both.

If you are dining in, you have to first find yourself a table and take note of the table number. Go to the front of the stall and let them know your preference (bee hoon? yellow noodles? kway teow? soup or dry?) 

Let the cashier know your table number, make your payment and return to your seat. Your order will be served to you swiftly. My order came within five minutes.

They have the 3-in-1 noodle (prawn, ribs, tail) and jumbo prawn noodle available at $8.80/$10.80; prawn & pork ribs noodle at $5.80; prawn noodle and pork ribs noodle at $4.80/$5.80.

blanco court prawn mee,singapore,blanco court prawn noodle,prawn mee,白兰阁街大虾面,243 beach road,food review,prawn noodle,blanco court,

Frankly, I am unimpressed by the three halved prawns in my bowl. I like prawns that are 'bouncy' in texture like when you bite down, you can actually feel the resistance to the teeth. The prawns here however, felt overcooked

I would prefer my prawns whole and I certainly do not mind peeling my own crustacean. No doubt halved prawns are easier to eat but no feel lah if you know what I mean.

blanco court prawn mee,singapore,blanco court prawn noodle,prawn mee,白兰阁街大虾面,243 beach road,food review,prawn noodle,blanco court,

The fork-tender pork rib is delightful. It should have undergone hours of simmering in the broth to achieve such doneness. Just a gentle tug and the meat pulled away cleanly from the bone.

blanco court prawn mee,singapore,blanco court prawn noodle,prawn mee,白兰阁街大虾面,243 beach road,food review,prawn noodle,blanco court,

The noodles were done perfectly as it retained a bite that is firm to the tooth. I particularly liked the broth which have a natural sweetness from the pork ribs and a distinct briny umami from the prawn shells. The msg, if any at all, did not make its presence felt as I do not feel thirsty after finishing every drop of it.

Chili powder is available on very table but I do not encourage adding it unless you like your prawn noodle Penang-styled. I added just a few dashes of it and the taste of the broth changed completely. I still prefer the original taste of the broth before I added the chili powder.

On the whole, I would rate this Blanco Court Prawn Noodle as above average but my only concern is that the $5.80 pricing for my bowl does not justify the portion served.

blanco court prawn mee,singapore,blanco court prawn noodle,prawn mee,白兰阁街大虾面,243 beach road,food review,prawn noodle,blanco court,


BLANCO COURT PRAWN MEE 白兰阁街大虾面
243 Beach Road
#01-01
Singapore 189754

Business Hours
Wed - Mon: 7am - 4pm

GPS Coordinates: 1.3002243,103.8574472


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach