Arnold's Fried Chicken @ Yishun 10 Cinema Cineplex

singapore,spring chicken,food review,fast food,yishun,yishun 10 cinema cineplex,arnold's fried chicken,fried chicken,golden village,51 yishun central 1

I heard that Arnold's Fried Chicken have been around for 30 odd years. Online reviews have touted it as one of the best fried chicken around and with such raving reviews, I guess it is time for me to try it for myself.

Although they have four outlets island-wide, none are located near me. The nearest outlet would have to be the one at Yishun but then, I hardly ever go there. Perhaps, that is the reason why I have not heard of them before.

I planned a visit to the outlet at Yishun, which is located inside Yishun 10, the mega Cineplex that Jackie Chan and Carina Lau came to officiate its opening during the 1990s. (I remember it was such a big sensation then with many star-struck fans turning up, hoping to catch a glimpse of the superstars)

singapore,spring chicken,food review,fast food,yishun,yishun 10 cinema cineplex,arnold's fried chicken,fried chicken,golden village,51 yishun central 1

I ordered a half-spring chicken set ($7.70) which comes with coleslaw and potato fries. Beverage is not included in the 'set' therefore, I ordered a regular Pepsi àla carte for $2.20.

The food is served on a plate but no cutlery are provided for the chicken except a plastic spoon for the coleslaw. I suppose the chicken is meant to be eaten with our bare hands then.

Fortunately, I came prepared because I always do my homework.

singapore,spring chicken,food review,fast food,yishun,yishun 10 cinema cineplex,arnold's fried chicken,fried chicken,golden village,51 yishun central 1

Ta-dah! 

Disposable glove that I brought from home! No more delicious smelling fingers!

singapore,spring chicken,food review,fast food,yishun,yishun 10 cinema cineplex,arnold's fried chicken,fried chicken,golden village,51 yishun central 1

The spring chicken is extremely fresh and succulent evident by the oozing meat juices. Despite being deep fried, it is not too oily. I find the portion of half a bird just nice for me without feeling too full.

singapore,spring chicken,food review,fast food,yishun,yishun 10 cinema cineplex,arnold's fried chicken,fried chicken,golden village,51 yishun central 1

There is just a thin layer of batter on the chicken skin which makes it very crunchy and addictive. The chicken marinade is so tasty there is no use for the chili sauce at all.

singapore,spring chicken,food review,fast food,yishun,yishun 10 cinema cineplex,arnold's fried chicken,fried chicken,golden village,51 yishun central 1

As for the sides, while the potato fries is rather generic, I would not say the same for the coleslaw. The vegetables are finely chopped but still retained the crunch while the seasoning is very refreshing.

I must say I enjoyed Arnold's Fried Chicken immensely. It is indeed one of the best fried chicken franchise around and I wonder why I have not heard about them earlier? I would definitely try it again if I happened to be in Yishun again.

Their other locations are at Bedok North, City Plaza and Hougang.

UPDATE (February 2018): They now have an outlet in the west, at The Frontier Community Club near Jurong Point!



ARNOLD'S FRIED CHICKEN @ YISHUN 10
51 Yishun Central 1
Yishun 10 Cinema Cineplex
#01-04
Singapore 768794

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 11am - 9.30pm

Website: https://www.facebook.com/ArnoldsFriedChicken

GPS Coordinates: 1.4300139,103.8341593


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach