Eat 3 Bowls - Lu Rou Fan @ Seah Im Food Centre

singapore,taiwan,呷三碗,eat 3 bowls,seah im food centre,food review,braised meat rice,滷肉饭,lor bak png,lu rou fan,2 seah im road,blk 462 crawford lane

Update: Eat 3 Bowls has relocated. The new address has been updated at the bottom of this post.

Recently, I decided to visit Seah Im Food Centre for breakfast before heading over to Sentosa for Sentosa Sandsation 2017.

This is my very first visit to the food centre and I had my sight fixed on Eat 3 Bowls, a relatively new hawker stall offering Taiwanese street food like lu rou fan (滷肉饭), intestine mee sua (大肠面线), salted crispy chicken (盐酥鸡), etc.

What I learned from the online reviews is that what the stall serve tasted quite close to what they had had in Taiwan. 

This is quite an achievement considering the business owners are not even Taiwanese but two Singaporean guys who made repeated trips to Taiwan to make sure that they got the taste right.

Encouraged by all the positive reviews, I had to order their signature, the lu rou fan which translates as "braised meat rice".

singapore,taiwan,呷三碗,eat 3 bowls,seah im food centre,food review,braised meat rice,滷肉饭,lor bak png,lu rou fan,2 seah im road,blk 462 crawford lane

Lu rou fan is basically grounded pork belly served on top of rice.

Taste wise, it does not taste too bad. I like the fatty bits which have that melt-in-the-mouth texture. Since I have not been to Taiwan myself, I could not vouch for their authenticity but my personal take on this is that it reminds me of the minced meat stuffed inside our nonya dumpling.

singapore,taiwan,呷三碗,eat 3 bowls,seah im food centre,food review,braised meat rice,滷肉饭,lor bak png,lu rou fan,2 seah im road,blk 462 crawford lane

At first glance, I thought the bowl of lu rou fan looked really small. No wonder they are called Eat 3 Bowls because you need to eat three bowls to be full. On the contrary, that one bowl kept me satiated during my day at Sentosa!

Each bowl of lu rou fan costs a mere $2.50 which makes it really affordable. Even the other items on their menu are quite wallet-friendly. And that is how all street food should be - to be made affordable for the masses.

singapore,taiwan,呷三碗,eat 3 bowls,seah im food centre,food review,braised meat rice,滷肉饭,lor bak png,lu rou fan,2 seah im road,blk 462 crawford lane

Seah Im Food Centre is opposite Habourfront Centre and the nearest MRT Station is Habourfront. Just follow the signs to Exit A and walk about 2 minutes to the food centre.


EAT 3 BOWLS 呷三碗
Seah Im Food Centre
2 Seah Im Road
#01-21
Singapore 099114

Business Hours
Mon - Wed: 8.30am - 7.30pm
Thu - Fri: 9am - 5pm
Sat: 8.30am - 7.30pm
Closed: Sun

GPS Coordinates: 1.2666157,103.8169546

🠟🠟🠟NEW ADDRESS🠟🠟🠟
EAT 3 BOWLS 呷三碗
Blk 462 Crawford Lane
#01-61
Singapore 190462

Business Hours
Tue - Sun: 11am - 9pm
Closed: Mon



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach