ในหลวงของแผ่นดิน 万王之王


I have finally found this song today - about five years after watching it in the hotel room while holidaying in Hat Yai, Songkhla, Thailand.

I find the music very moving but I have no ways to search for it online since I could neither read nor write Thai.

Despite not understanding the lyrics, I could somehow associate it as a song about the Thai King judging from the images shown on TV.

I made a partial recording of it on my phone and uploaded it to my Facebook then. Last night, that post turned up via the "On This Day" on Facebook. I know it's a long shot but I decided to ask Siri what song it is.

To my surprise, Shazam returned the following results:

ในหลวงของแผ่นดิน (nai lŭang kŏng pàen din)



Here is one with English lyrics

If you have ever been to Thailand, you would have known that King Bhumibol Adulyadej is a well-loved Monarch. You can see his posters everywhere on the streets and even inside the shops. The reason why the King has earned my respect is because of Tongdaeng (Copper), a mongrel puppy he adopted during one of his visits to a village. Given his status, he could have gotten himself any pure breed dog he wants yet he chose a mongrel.

king bhumibol, nai lŭang kŏng pàen din, thailand, tongdaeng, ในหลวงของแผ่นดิน
An autobiography of Tongdaeng authored by the King himself

king bhumibol, nai lŭang kŏng pàen din, thailand, tongdaeng, ในหลวงของแผ่นดิน

king bhumibol, nai lŭang kŏng pàen din, thailand, tongdaeng, ในหลวงของแผ่นดิน
The King making public appearances with Tongdaeng

king bhumibol, nai lŭang kŏng pàen din, thailand, tongdaeng, ในหลวงของแผ่นดิน
Tonggdaeng is even featured on first day covers

The close relationship between the King and Tongdaeng truly moves me. Unfortunately, Tongdaeng passed away on 26 December 2015 at the ripe old age of 17 years old. The King's ailing health is another concern being closely watched by the Kingdom.

I sincerely wished King Bhumibol Adulyadej the best of health.


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach