添发云吞面 Tian Fa Wanton Mee @ Keat Hong Shopping Centre

85° Cafe, chua chu kang ave 1, food, food review, keat hong shopping centre, keat hong wet market, wanton mee, 云吞面, 叉烧云吞面, 添发卤面云吞面, singapore,review

I was at Keat Hong Shopping Centre (actually it is more of a wet market) because I heard that there is a nice Wanton Mee on the second floor. There are two coffee shops on the second level and the Wanton Mee which I am looking for is located at the coffee shop called 85° Cafe.

The Wanton Mee stall only have a Chinese name called 添发卤面云吞面. As its name implies, the stall sells Lor Mee and Wanton Mee.

I had the Wanton Mee.

85° Cafe, chua chu kang ave 1, food, food review, keat hong shopping centre, keat hong wet market, wanton mee, 云吞面, 叉烧云吞面, 添发卤面云吞面, singapore,review
Tianfa Wanton Mee SGD3

The Wanton Mee comes with three boiled wantons in the bowl of soup. There is quite a substantial amount of char siew and mee kia on the plate with some chye sim on the side.

I thought this plate of Wanton Mee look promising, especially with the addition of fried pork lard which is quite rare to be found in this noodle dish.

I tossed the noodles in the sauce and took a bite. It seem a little dry and bland so I had to add some of the soup and soy sauce in. 

Although that improved the taste slightly better, the mee kia was overdone. There is no bite and it is too soft for my liking.

85° Cafe, chua chu kang ave 1, food, food review, keat hong shopping centre, keat hong wet market, wanton mee, 云吞面, 叉烧云吞面, 添发卤面云吞面, singapore,review,char siew
The Char Siew

The only saving grace is the char siew which is caramelized and charred around the edges with bits of fat.

85° Cafe, chua chu kang ave 1, food, food review, keat hong shopping centre, keat hong wet market, wanton mee, 云吞面, 叉烧云吞面, 添发卤面云吞面, singapore,review,wanton
The wanton

The wanton is quite uniformed in size and the taste passable.

I guess taste is something very subjective. I came at the recommendation of someone who said it is good but if you ask me, I guess I would probably not return for another plate of Wanton Mee.


The Verdict?

My ratings: 2/5


添发卤面云吞面
Keat Hong Shopping Centre 
85° Cafe
253 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 1
Singapore 680253

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/ltl6Y
GPS Coordinates: 1.377491,103.744358


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach