Chicken Basil From Tasty Thai Hut @ Bukit Timah Market Food Centre


I was running an errand in the vicinity of Bukit Timah Market & Food Centre sometime last week so I decided to drop by Tasty Thai Hut for lunch.

Although Tasty Thai Hut do not have a wide array of dishes, the lady manning the stall made up for the lack of it with her authentic Thai recipes.

Everything here is priced at a affordable $4 and for that price, I have nothing to complain about.

You might have figured out by now that Tasty Thai Hut is my favorite heartland Thai food stall due to it's authenticity and affordability!

I was actually craving for Chicken Basil that day so it was what I ordered.

 
Stir Fry Chicken with Basil

The lady is really fast with her hands as my order was ready in under five minutes! Of course, that is because the lunch hour crowd was not here yet.

I simply love this dish!

It tasted so homely and comforting...

This is the sort of thing that I will not get tired of eating everyday!

The sauce is pretty good with rice. Other than the uplifting aroma of the Basil, I think I tasted fish sauce in there as well.


If there is one thing that I had to pick a bone with, it would be the egg. I would very much prefer my fried egg with a runny yolk instead.

Cooked yolk disgusts me.

If you are in need of a quick Thai food crave fix, Tasty Thai Hut could be your answer.

TASTY THAI HUT
Bukit Timah Market Food Centre
116 Upper Bukit Timah Road
#02-159
Singapore 588172
Closed on Wednesdays