Recipe: Braised Chicken Wings With Dried Bean Curd Skin

I first learn how to cook this no fuss, one-pot dish from my Mum.

This recipe is easy to clean up and without having too much dishes to wash.

I would cook this whenever I feel lazy or when I have simply ran out of ideas over what to prepare for dinner!

This is a fairly easy recipe as you just dump everything inside a pot and wait for it to be done.

Sometimes, I would prepare slightly more so I could eat it over several days.

The meat would have absorbed all the flavors and needless to say, the robust sauce goes very well with white steamed rice too!

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Bon appetit!
Ingredients:
5 chicken wings (trim away the fats)
A handful of Dried Bean Curd Skins (腐皮)
Pig's Skin (blanched in boiling water )
5 Chinese Mushroom (soften in warm water)

1/2 a Star Anise
1/2 a Cinnamon Stick
1 head of Garlic, skin on and bruised
2 inch Ginger, skinned and sliced
1 cup hot water
Dark Soy Sauce to taste (I used Kecap Manis)

Method:
1)  Fry the Star Anise, Cinnamon Stick, Garlic and Ginger in a tbsp of oil to release the fragrant.
2)  Add in the chicken wings to brown.
3) Add the water, Dried Bean Curd Skins, Pig's Skin, Chinese Mushroom  and Dark Soy Sauce.
4)  Allow to boil, then reduce fire to simmer for 20 minutes.
5) Garnish with Spring Onion and Coriander if desired.
6)  Serves 4.
Note: This is a very versatile dish as you could always mix and match your favourite ingredients. Some other ingredients that you can use for this dish include: Pork Belly, Duck Wings, Chicken Feet, Hardboil Eggs, Bean Curd Sticks (腐竹), Tau Kwa, Tau Pok, Champignons...

No comments: